The disc is compose of 10 to 15 fibrous rings
The disc is compose of 10 to 15 fibrous rings (nucleus pulposus) and nucleus pulposus is the inner core of the disc.
- The core is composed od a jelly-like substance that consist mainly water and collagen fibers.In the case of overload or irregular pressure it can happened rupture / tearing of the fibrous rings. Аnd leak of that jelly –like mass in the spinal canal .Most frequently pressing the radix / root of the nerve.
- This pressure which the herniated disc does on the root of the nerve feels like a tingling or a pain.
- The pain is on the leg reaching to the fingers if it is a lumbar (cross) herniation discus. As well as tingling or pain in the hand if it is a cervical (rotary) disc hernia.
- The lumbar disc herniation most commonly occurs at the level of L4-L5 and L5-C1.
- The cervical at the level of C3-C3, C4-C5 and C5-C6